Here’s a recipe sure to make the best homemade pizza. Get ready to taste pizza like you would out of the fire ovens of Italy. Get ready to travel!
Dough:Adapted from food.com
-1/2 packet of Yeast
-2/3 cup Water
-One tablespoon of Oil
-One cup of Flour
-1/2 teaspoon Salt
-1/4 cup fresh herbs (chopped finely)
-Cornmeal for dusting
Pizza making: Adapted from Peter Reinhart
Follow these simple steps for a perfect pizza.
1) mix all ingredients apart from cornmeal, and knead dough.
2) Cover dough and rest to rise for 20 minutes
3) Heat oven to it’s highest setting. 800 is prefered, but 500 is plenty hot!
4) Prepare toppings and sauce, less is more. Think arround 4 toppings including cheese and sauce.
5) Toss dough untill it is very thin, almost to the point of ripping
6) Let dough rest on the table for 5-10 minutes
7) dust the bottom side with cornmeal, this will keep it from sticking to the board. Use the finest ground cornmeal you can find.
7) Remove hot baking tray from oven, and lay pizza on it, cornmeal side down.
8 ) Bake crust for 3 minutes
9) remove from oven and add sauce and toppings
10) Return to the oven for 5-8 minutes
11) Remove from oven, turn off oven, and enjoy!
The pizza I made tonight was Eggplant Garlic sauce, with Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh baby spinach, Sunflower seeds and Goat Cheese!
È squisito! Buon appetito!
(It’s delish, so enjoy your meal!)